It is probably a bad idea, but it works fine for me. Not with the weekly hustle and bustle. And if you live in Lagos, Nigeria, you will understand what "hustle and bustle" means. What's more? If you are a resident of Ikorodu and environs (a suburb or what some will call new settlement), then you will definitely understand what "hustle and bustle" means.
All the same, I relish the life. The easy going weekend lifestyle. Not going out, unless it is unavoidably essential.
From way back since I can remember, I have always been a "family type" kind of man; the kind of man who loves being around loved ones. Rather than go out and have a wild-time-out-on-the-town I would prefer to sit back in front of the TV and watch movies, play video games, board games or just gist away with friends or family. Even when I went away to school it was the same way and I was lucky enough to surround myself with friends who had a somewhat similar lifestyle...not to say we didn't have fun! But probably not in the way others may find "interesting".
My low-key lifestyle has earned me all kinds of personality characterizations: efiko (book worm), arrogant a**hole, uptight fellow, great bore etc.
I don't bother (in most cases) to dispel such notions, because I only show to people what they want to see....you can call me a two-face con artist if you want. However, some people are just the way they are because it is who they are and it suits them fine.
So, it is not surprising that most weekends I find myself at home doing the odd domestic chores and peacefully savoring the beauty of my surroundings.
It is definitely a bucolic setting, but I do relish the very many dimensions and perspectives it presents me with every time I sit down and observe what goes on around me. I am beginning to make it a point to studiously observe and learn from the every day nature presentations. It is beautiful and breathtaking.
From sunup to sundown, I present you with a one of the typical and breathtaking nature presentations I am regaled with.
Enjoy.
| Sun breaking through the morning clouds...waking up to this sight is somewhat stimulating. |
| Early afternoon with the clouds is a kaleidoscope of colours |
| Mid-afternoon is glorious and a heartwarming sight to behold. |
The sun setting is so...
Majestically B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L
| And the rising of the moon is magnificent enough to bring on cathartic benefits.... |
| And when the moon is full, I can go to sleep easy knowing I have once again witnessed one of the most beautiful works of art. |
No comments:
Post a Comment