Wednesday, April 20, 2011

PUSH CART

I have always marveled at the extraordinary amount of energy that is expended by the yam cart pushers of Mile 12.

I f you live in Lagos, you most likely would have seen these guys doing their stuff. And if you live around places like Ketu, Ikorodu, Maryland etc. you most definitely have seen these guys.

I tell you, they most likely are on some form of steroid. It is the only way a human being can embark on the kind of physical and energy sapping activity they engage in day-in-day-out without dropping dead in the middle of the street.

I used to feel for these guys, and the kind of economic poverty/derivation, that has pushed them to taking up such a commercial venture. But, I stopped doing that when someone told me they fuel their energy from that of people who pity them (Imagine!!!).

Not that I have put that hypothesis to test though. But, who wants to be fueling another man's energy levels? Whatever voodoo that is, I am not ready to put it to test....isssssssssssh!

No comments: