Yesterday's CL match between Real Madrid CF and Barcelona was a "Miss-match" in the true sense of the two words.
Firstly, I was locked up in traffic with thousands of other football crazy souls, whom I believe were also trying to do what I was doing (get home early to watch the game). It was a gridlock!!! Secondly, getting home early enough for the second half, I was disappointed on approaching home to realize that there was no power! Gosh...then in my frenzy to put on the generator before kick-off of the second half, something gave in the inner workings of the d**ned thing and nothing I tried will make it come on. There goes my match!!!
I was left then with taking solace in my phone (I love that phone). I was able to watch as much as I can on it, and dare I say I was totally "flabberwhelmed" by the antics and heroics of players on both teams. It was a shame really that two teams can come out on a football pitch and put up the kind of show they did yesterday. I have heard people say Real Madrid were "robbed". Hmmm, how many times have teams been "robbed" by the the Blaugranas?
I remember the match between Arsenal and Barcelona was also tainted by the same allegations of "robbery". Well, let us just say some teams have perfected the skill of manipulating the outcome of a match. You can argue it all you want, but yesterday's match only makes it more visible how Barcelona win games against teams of equal if not bigger stature...by cunning, then they leave the rest to the magical brilliance of the 'little Messy', pardon my pun.
This is not to say I hate the team, but I detest the fact that they would descend to the level they did yesterday to get a win. Not that Madrid did much anyways, but looking at how Mourinho set his team up, I bet he was looking for a draw anyway. He was sure that if he got a draw, he can always spring the surprise at the Nou Camp. He has the personnel to do that....and may still be able to do it anyways.
Yesterday left a sour taste in the mouth, because even the Arsenal game was much better than what I watched yesterday, and that is only because even with ten men, the gooners refuse to play defensive!
One thing though, there is no other player on the planet like the 'lil' Maradona', he puts everyone else at his MESSI.






No comments:
Post a Comment