Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crossing the Threshold

On May 1 I celebrated my birthday, AGAIN!

As is my nature to do, it was low-key with very close family members in attendance.

But to my surprise, I found out later that Kish had a gift for me. What a wonderful gift it was and what it is I am not sharing here. It's a secret between father and son.

And there again, to think I am a father at my relatively young age. It is no mean feat I tell you and for every quiet moment I had on Sunday, I reflected on that fact. Life and fortune, has not been bad to me at all.

So, there I was marking another milestone in the journey of life and while I was taking stock, it became clear I had been totally unfair to myself in my assessment. Thanks to Kish, I have been made to re-evaluate and re-calibrate how I measure and assess my epochs.

In about a fortnight he will be five months, and he taught me in a few minutes what I have not learnt in over three decades, that little steps are as important as big steps. What is most essential is, if they are steps in the right direction.

That lesson, will stay with me till death son.

No comments: