I was served a shocker on Tuesday May 3, 2011.
Seeing as I like eating bread a lot, colleagues in the office make fun of me. My wife also makes fun...I won't deny the fact- I love bread. The soft, warm ones. Hmmm. Yummy!!!
On this fateful Tuesday though, I was giving a rude re-awakening. Thankfully, it is a long time I ate that kind of bread.
Bread aficionados like myself know there are different types of bread out there...the most popular being AGEGE BREAD. It's cheap, it is ubiquitous and belly-filling. But all you people, beware!!!
You may just be eating poison for all you know.
On this cool morning three days ago (it rained the previous night), on my way to work I saw these two guys by the road side, beside a parked okada. It wouldn't have drawn my attention otherwise...it's hard enough concentrating on the traffic and contemplating how late you are going to be for work, if not for the fact that these guys were stacking back bread into a wooden framed box. Apparently the bread had spilled while they were both trying to negotiate the hectic traffic that morning.
The bread got spilled, and there it was on a heap of refuse, close to a dirty puddle of water that would have been at that spot for God knows how long...and these guys were only interested in salvaging as many of the bread as possible, oblivious to the many eyes that was looking on from their cars.
I am sure many like myself would have been nauseated and disgusted. But, I wonder how many can actually do without eating from the "bread of life". It is the risk we must all be prepared to take.
issssssssssssssssssssh!
No comments:
Post a Comment