Monday, August 2, 2010

Saturday July 31, 2010


I knew I had a long day ahead of me, that is why I was much more angry that yesterday's meeting was made to drag that long by the management. I got home 10.20PM. It wouldn't have been an issue, but knowing how Nigerian roads are, on a Friday preceding environmental sanitation; then add the incalculable security risk. I just felt people weren't sensitive enough, period!

Anyways, I had to accomplish my aims for the day. But not before attending the CDA meeting.

Politics had always held an attraction for me; however, I have never actively engaged in it because it holds a different connotation and is played by a different set of rules in Nigeria. However, today I was thrown right into the "middle" of things. As it turned out, I was voted out of the blues as the Asst. Secretary for the CDA. I was non-nonplussed as I never bargained for that...maybe I was being thrust one small step towards my destiny.

After the meeting I, Bankky and my mom set off. Bankky was going on a shoppin gtrip (Again!). This time with her sister. I and my mom were going to the popular metal market - Owode Onirin. I had never been there before, but my eyes couldn't stop roving about upon seeing rows upon rows of iron and metal stacked to sometimes 10 feet high. It was a real eye-opener- people make brisk business out of everything from scraps to broken down metal. I even saw an iron ladder torn down in less than three minutes. I am sure that is a world record.

Arranged a pleasant surprise for Bankky on my return home. She however was held up in traffic and the fun was almost spoilt.

However, I received a surprise package from her. Tomisin Olufowobi is back!!!

Last week she was all over the house. And when she left we missed her. But now she is back and with my sister-in-law.

Though it was late she was still very hyper-active. She wasn't calling me "niscuit" anymore as she was now more accustomed to calling me "uncle".

All in all it was a very nice Saturday, considering my team Arsenal played well and showed promises of what to expect starting from August 15.

No comments: