Another Monday and another week.
Good to be back at work. Albeit, only two of the four guys in my department are here. Myself and Lola....So, I was called to fill in for my C.S.M at the meeting so it's not just her alone facing the bullish, manic panel who set out to rip the marketing department to shreds every Monday...like they don't know the economy is slow like a snail.
The meeting went on well until when it came to the marketing/sales performance and forecast for the rest of the year. Some of the inputs were very distressing; however, I and my departmental colleagues buoy ourselves and our self-confidence by telling ourselves an old African adage " when a lizard falls from a height and nobody praises it, it shakes it head and praises itself." That way we appreciate ourselves, knowing that our colleagues and friends in the industry are not faring much better (if not worse) yet they enjoy better times.
After the meeting I used the rest of the day to field some calls, prepare my proposal for tomorrow's meeting and visit some contacts.
No comments:
Post a Comment