Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2, 2012

It's a Friday baby!

Have you ever had that feeling, where you are in a room with someone and all you can think of is how to get out of the room as fast as you can?

It is that I get when I walk into a particular office at work. Damn so uncomfortable and you don't know what you will say that will get you into hot water.

I have tried to feel as comfortable as I can be, but it isn't just working. Maybe things will change or a miracle will happen!!!

The week has been really good. Everything on the up and up. Contracts keep coming and at the end of February am already clocking almost N200m. Of course, I don't even see 0.01 % of that money but I work with the believe. If I can make that for some business, some day I might be able to make that and more for mine.

Pray it gets better.

Was in a weird convo with someone I  met randomly on BBM today. Really strange. Sometimes, I wonder what goes on in the minds of most Nigerian ladies. Every guy they meet must always (without exception) want to get into their pants. Still baffles me where that notion came from though. This particular convo just reinforced that theory for me. Plus the fact that most Nigerians are also not really smart. Street smart maybe, but smart smart, NO!

Well, I hooked up with this lady on BBM (using an app most don't even know could be used for that purpose-Picstory) and it was going well, until she popped a most unexpected question.

Excerpt:

Shai: Hello
Moe: Hi
Moe: How did you get my PIN?
Shai: Oh, My bad. Actually, I saw your pic profile on pictstory and decided to make random friends.
Moe: Really?
Shai: Yea
Moe: Lieing*sic
Shai: That is an unfair statement to make. You can actually make new friends using the app as it is a BBM connected app. Unfortunately, most do not know.
Moe: Really? Okay.
Moe: Hmmmmm.
Shai: Yea
Moe: U re a cracker!
Shai: Ha, lol.
Moe: So, tell me what do you want?
Shai: Huh?
Moe: What do you want?
Shai: Nothing. Just looking to make some new friends.
Moe: For what purpose?
Shai: Friends is all we've got. Plus you never know what potential biz benefit you can tap from making friends.
Moe: Really?
SHai: Sure
Moe: U r a liar and a Jack!
Shai: Huh? That is not fair....I guess it was my mistake.
Moe:Yea right, a cracker and a jack. And the earlier you get that into your head the better.
Shai: That is rude.
Moe: Fuck You!!!
Shai: Hmm, sorry abt this. Not ur fault. My mistake.....

Hilarious as it seemed to me then, it showed up some pretty simple facts about how this particular lady was thinking. Her notion about the motive behind my interest. Babes think that most guys only think about sex. Maybe that is true, but still not enough reason to assume and put your foot in a man's face. What if that was what was on his mind? Why not let him hook himself with his rope? I know smart ladies. Pretty smart once who can smell a rat from miles away. But Moe doesn't belong to that group.

*********************************************************************************
Kish started school last week. And in one week of starting he has contact measles and other infections!!!

Seriously thinking of withdrawing him and setting him up somewhere else. Or revert back to our original plan. Keep him home until about three when he is likely to be able to take better care of himself. Kinky and I are still looking up the options.
*********************************************************************************
Oh, forgot from my entry yesterday!

Was involved in a minor double-car accident on Wednesday. Another car bashed our vehicle from behind. Was with a senior colleague at the office when it happened.

Was speaking to Kinky on the phone when I felt the jolt of the impact from behind.

On getting down from the vehicle, I was knocked sideways on seeing the culprit - young chap not more than 20, all tattooed and spotting ear studs on both ears. It was irritating. For the first time in a long time, I judged someone by just looking at them and not after I have heard them speak.

Young chap (Kola was his name I believe) redeemed himself. He behaved gentlemanly and although he couldn't solve the situation himself, he was calm and controlled all through while we waited for his mom.

After all was said and done, we settled (in a fashion) and everyone went their separate ways as friends (or potential friends- His widowed mom and my senior colleague I mean, ahem!).

********************************************************************************
It is a weekend, so see you on Monday.
Ciao.

No comments: