Saturday!
Beautiful morning. I love weekends and this one I liked better. Why? We were going out! No, not out as in OUT. I had promised Kinky we would do some shopping. I had put it off for a while, but no more. She won't let me rest until the deed is done.
We dropped Kish off at Gmama's...we had to do some James Bond dodging to extricate ourselves. Kinky leaving through one door, while I sneaked through another. Sure there will be more sneaking to do as time comes along and he gets smarter #thinkwhatyouwant.
Well, so off we were to downtown Lagos for some real shopping. Being a while I did this but it was fun. We combed the whole of downtown Lagos for close to four hours. Buying everything from beads to Super Yogo!!! Believe me those things still high up there with me. FAN don make money from my pocket.
If you know anything about downtown Lagos, you will know that shopping there is serious business. So many people, so much on display and thieves every corner looking for something to nick off you.
We survived though. And before heading home, I treated Kinky to a surprise. We ate a special treat of fried fish and shrimps at a local shack - I will call it 'Fish Shack'. No particular address, but it was fun and it was delicious.
So, all-in-all it was a great day and Kish was very delighted when we got back - saw it in his eyes and the way he rushed into my arms.
It is wonderful to have a kid like Kish.
Sunday!
We were woken up by Kish beating away on his drum. If not for him we might have slept till late morning.
No church today. Too tired. Not after all that walking and lugging yesterday.
So, it was indoor things for the family. We used the time to catch up on some movies. My favorite for the day was 'Mother and Child'- it was really cool. I almost cried. Touched on abortion, the faulty adoption system and the scourge of teenage pregnancies.
It was a really nice movie.
Also watched an indie movie- Prince. Tacky flick...too much effects and glitz. It did well for passing away the time though.
All in all, the weekend was great and fulfilling.
Work begins tomorrow.
See ya.



No comments:
Post a Comment