A special friend celebrated her birthday today.
Happy birthday to you Aisha Alii-Balogun. God will take you to higher places. Alright?
After all the shenanigans of yesterday at the office, I had expected a pretty cold reception from my oga. I was not disappointed. But, we still have a job to do- Right!
So, I went in to see him this morning to make my report from yesterday and also get his clarification on way forward for the 'tainted' contract from MS.
I endured all the gruff treatment, and when it got too much I had to put the issue back on the table.
'I see you are still angry from what happened yesterday,' I ventured.
'No, I am not. We have a business to run here so let's do our jobs. I don't appreciate it when people give me attitudes and bragado. You met me in this world, so....in any case, I am not angry. Let's do our jobs. It's okay,' he finished. I just stood looking at him for a few seconds. Knowing what that kind of mindset was going to have later repercussions, so I did what I wouldn't do under other circumstances.
I appealed to his emotive side and was able to get him back (in a manner).
The film still dey go.
*********************************************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment